The Always & Never of
Door to Door Safety
- Always use common sense.
- Never go alone. Have at least 2 buddies go with you.
- Young children should Always go with an adult.
- Conduct business only in the doorway. Never go inside a house.
- Always plan your entire route and make sure your family knows what it is.
- Never approach houses where the lights are off.
- Always be very cautious of strangers.
- Never be rude! Use your manners by always saying thank you!
- Always walk, do not run.
- Never walk across yards or in the middle of the road. Walk on sidewalks and driveways.
- Always take a cellular phone with you if possible.
- Never cross the street without looking both ways. Cross the street at the corner or in a crosswalk and obey all traffic signals.
- Always wear a watch.
- Never go to houses or neighborhoods that you are unfamiliar with.
- Always carry a flashlight at night and wear something reflective.
- Never approach homes that are posted “no trespassing” or “keep out”. Stay far away from homes with a dog or viscous animal outside.
- Always follow these simple rules and you’ll Never go wrong!