Auction, December 2013 - Detailed instructions / Auction items / Bidding sheets
MONROE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
SALE BY SEALED BIDS OF SURPLUS PROPERTY
------------------------------- INSTRUCTION TO BIDDERS---------------------------------
2. Bidders must Mark their envelope “AUCTION BID”. Bid Forms must be signed in ink by bidder or bidder’s authorized representative with name and address legibly written, and sealed in a white envelope properly marked. Bids not submitted in this manner may be rejected as such.
3. By submitting a bid, the bidder makes an offer to enter into a legally binding contract with MCSO to purchase an item at the bid price. If you are the high bidder, you have entered a legally binding contract to purchase. Do not bid unless you are willing and able to pay for your purchase.
4. Each item will be sold individually. Bidders may bid on more than one item if they are prepared to purchase every item for which theirs was the high bid. Don’t bid on multiple items when you only want to buy one.
5. All items are sold "as is, where is."
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR USE REGARDING THE CONDITION OF ANY ITEM OFFERED FOR SALE.
MCSO is not an automobile dealer. MCSO does not know the mechanical or physical condition of any automobile offered for sale. Items may have prior crash damage. Be sure to carefully inspect each item you are interested in. Bidders are encouraged to bring a mechanic or other knowledgeable person with them to inspect the items.
7. Bids will be opened at 10:30AM on December 10, 2013 in the second floor conference room at MCSO Administrative Headquarters at 5525 College Road. All bidders and the general public are invited to attend the bid opening.
8. Cash, cashier's checks, money orders are the only acceptable means of payment. MCSO cannot accept credit cards or extend credit. Items may not be removed from MCSO property until paid for.
9. Successful bidders must remove their items from MCSO property no later than 5:00 p.m. December 18, 2013. Failure to remove items by the deadline may at the sole discretion of the Sheriff result in the bid being offered to the next highest bidder or the cancellation of the bid. Items cannot be removed from MCSO property prior to payment.
10. The purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold MCSO harmless for all claims, suits and costs arising out of the use of the items sold.
11. MCSO reserves the right to accept any bid or combination of bid alternates which, in the MCSO's judgment will best serve the MCSO's interest, or to reject any or all Bids. MCSO may waive any bid irregularities in its sole discretion, and to negotiate contract terms with bidders, and the right to disregard all nonconforming, non-responsive, unbalanced or conditional bids.
12. Members of the Sheriff's Office are authorized to bid on the same terms as the general public.
Need accomodations or other assistance to participate in this sale? Call Johnnie Yongue at (305) 293-7477 or Lisa Yongue 305-292-7015 e-mail:
All items are sold "as is, where is."